This pregnancy seriously has me craving sweets all. the. time. We have to keep our fridge full of fresh fruits, or else I’m sending my husband to the store for a candy bar. With my son, I craved everything salty, so this is totally new, and sometimes overwhelming.
So this morning, in traditional pregnant fashion, I woke with a ravenous appetite and decided to whip up something that would satisfy my sweet tooth, without loading my body with a bunch of fake ingredients. We still like to try and stick to paleo as closely as we can, though we do enjoy a little rice sometimes.
I’m a pretty big fan of coconut flour and, over the years, have learned to really use it to my advantage. Coconut flour absorbs liquid really really well, so you only need a small amount of it when baking. A bag goes pretty far in our house, and I just love the hint of coconut that the flour leaves behind. These muffins really are so light and fluffy, and the strawberry chunks help add a little yuuum into the mix! Sometimes with coconut flour you can wind up with a denser muffin than is desired, but whipping the eggs really helps add some air into the mixture.
So, without droning on, let’s just get to the reason you’re here: the recipe!
You will Need:
- Preheat oven to 350, and grease muffin tray with coconut oil or ghee
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, mix sugar and ghee until mixed well. Remove from heat.
- Mix dry ingredients and set aside
- Whisk eggs until foamy
- Mash banana and add to the eggs. Add sugar/ghee mixture and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and combine, fold in strawberry slices
- Fill muffin tray about 2/3 full
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes, and enjoy!
Until next time,
Author: Savannah Baker
Savannah is a full-time mom of one, and can often be found outside on one of her various adventures. She enjoys carving her own path through natural and holistic living, as well as discovering ways to use food as medicine.